Warning – this recipe is a HOT one!
Actually, this chipotle chicken salad is cold, but the flavors lit my taste buds on fire.
After devouring honey roasted chicken salad about a week ago, I realized that Greek yogurt provides an endless number of opportunities for making chicken salad.
A craving hit around lunchtime yesterday, but I was too hungry and impatient to poach some chicken.
That’s when slices of Boar’s Head’s new Chipotle Chicken came to the rescue. Think of this new deli variety as Salsalito turkey and Blazing Buffalo chicken’s love child – it’s savory, smoky and spicy. As you may already know, I love Boar’s Head, so Chipotle Chicken was a welcome addition to my family of favorite lunch meats.
So what was the result of my impromptu concoction? A salad that tasted like hot chicken wings and cool, creamy dip all in one. The spicy, creamy goodness was so tasty that I took a bite (or a few…) before snapping some pictures.
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 3 slices Boar’s Head Chipotle Chicken from the deli
- 3 ounces plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I used Fage’s Total 0%)
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing (I used Bolthouse Farms’ classic ranch yogurt dressing)
- 3 tablespoons frozen peas
- Small handful of broccoli slaw
- Small handful diced green bell peppers
- Small handful diced red onions
- Guacamole and pico de gallo salsa on the side (optional)
- Stir yogurt, mustard and ranch together in a medium-sized bowl until evenly mixed.
- Cut or tear the chicken into small pieces and add to dressing mixture.
- Cut the vegetables and add to the chicken and dressing mixture.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Eat the salad by itself, stuff into pita pockets with provolone cheese or sandwich everything between two slices of hearty bread.
Now you know what I’m doing instead of studying for finals
- What is your favorite chicken salad recipe?
- What is your favorite variety of deli meat? Is it Boar’s Head?