This meal was eggcelent!
Yes, the pun was intended.
Spicy English Muffin Minis with a Salsa Veggie Scramble
I felt hungry ALL DAY yesterday. (a.k.a. I bulldozed through handfuls of almonds like they were candy). Therefore, I had no patience for a long, drawn-out dinner.
So what was the result of my ravenous appetite? A quick, easy meal that takes about 10 minutes to throw together.
Cheap. Healthy. Versatile. Delicious.
Did I mention how much I love eggs?
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup homemade fire-roasted salsa
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, sliced in half
- 2 ounces Boar’s Head Chipotle Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While waiting, crack the eggs in a bowl, add the milk and whisk everything together. Chop the veggies.
- Once the oil is heated, add the eggs and veggies to the skillet. Stir every 30 seconds until the eggs are fluffy and golden-yellow. Remove the pan from the heat and cover.
- Slice the muffin in half. Spread one tablespoon guacamole on each half. Layer each muffin with one and one-half slices of chicken. Add one tablespoon cheese to each slice.
- Place the minis on a toaster tray and toast for about 4 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly on top.
- Add the minis and eggs to your plate. Top the eggs with salsa.
- What is your favorite way to eat eggs?
- How do you top an English muffin?