You’re in for a treat if you love turkey day food as much as I do because round two of Thanksgiving leftovers is about to start!
(Click here if you missed round one.)
I only have one recipe to share, but it’s a good one.
Toasted Cranberry Turkey Wrap
The sweet and savory combination wins me over every time! Just look at the melted cheddar mixed with the cranberry honey mustard and cinnamon apples. I dare you not to drool :)
Assembly and cook time: 10 minutes
- One Flatout Light Garden Spinach wrap
- Leftover Thanksgiving turkey
- 1/2 small apple, thin sliced (Gala, Fuji or Granny Smith works best)
- Few dashes of cinnamon
- Two teaspoons of cranberry honey mustard
- Handful of spring mix or spinach
- One ounce sharp cheddar cheese, thin sliced, shredded or grated
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread mustard on the wrap and place as much turkey on top as you wish.
- Evenly distribute the cheese on top of the turkey.
- Arrange the apple slices on the wrap and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with the spring mix or spinach.
- Carefully roll the wrap up from one end to the other. Be careful to ‘tuck’ the ends of the wrap in while rolling so the toppings don’t fall out.
- Place on a greased toaster pan and heat for seven to 10 minutes, or until the wrap is golden brown. Be careful not to burn the top of the wrap.
- Slice the wrap in half or in three pieces and serve with baby carrots and hummus or leftover potatoes.
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
- What is your favorite way to eat Thanksgiving leftovers?
Interesting Leftover Recipes:
Thanksgiving Leftovers Salad – The Craving Chronicles
Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo – Paula Deen (Warning: This recipe isn’t really healthy, but I’m sure it’s delicious!)
Thanksgiving-Leftovers Shepherd’s Pie – Martha Stewart