Bisquick has met its match.
Introducing . . .
Whole-Wheat Cheese and Herb Drop Biscuits
I made these dense-but-fluffy biscuits for my family’s Christmas dinner, and they were a huge hit. I think my brother wolfed down seven at dinner alone! In fact, only one little biscuit remained the next morning, which I quickly patted with butter and devoured with a leftover ham, broccoli and cheese scramble.
Making the dough for these healthy, cheesy biscuits really couldn’t be easier. Just mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and combine the two. Then, you plop twelve dough balls on a cookie sheet to bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven. That’s it!
Due to the herbs and cheese, these puffs tasted more Italian than anything else. However, I can’t wait to experiment with different flavors, considering how simple the recipe is, which I found on Homestead Revival. The dough is truly a blank canvas, so you can adjust the flavors to fit the style of your meal. I definitely see myself trying a cheddar-garlic or honey version in the near future.
- Do you use Bisquick?
- Do you have a go-to biscuit or roll recipe?
Related HGG Posts:
Other Interesting Articles:
- Nutella Drop Biscuits (twopeasandtheirpod.com)
- Robinhood Meetinghouse Layered Cream Cheese Biscuits (foodswelove.com)
- Recipe: Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits with Fermented Jalapenos (wellpreserved.ca)
- Foolproof Cream Biscuits (gourmetonthegoblog.com)