I thought I’d share an easy workday lunch sandwich with you considering Tuesday was my last day as an intern for the University Press of Florida.
I’m still in denial about the fact that I won’t walk in late every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:05 a.m. ready to update publication announcement lists, process review copy requests or send about 250 emails to potential book reviewers. Not to mention, I’m going to miss Kari, my work buddy!
I’m a firm believer in packing your own healthy lunch, and this wrap was my go-to sandwich for my days at UPF. There are several reasons why I love this wrap, but here are just a few:
1. It takes five minutes to make.
2. It doesn’t become soggy after sitting in the work fridge for a few hours.
3. The ingredients fill you up without filling you out!
4. It’s inexpensive.
Spicy Salsalito Turkey Wrap
My mad wrapping skills could earn me a job at Subway. Seriously.
- 1 Flatout wrap (any flavor works, but my favorite is Honey Wheat)
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 3 – 4 slices of Boar’s Head Salsalito turkey breast
- 1 slice of cheese (any kind; I used white American)
- 1 handful of diced green bell peppers
- 1 handful of broccoli slaw
- Spicy brown or honey mustard (optional)
- Salsa on the side (optional)
If you’re a fan of heat, definitely take a trip to the deli counter to try the Salsalito turkey. It’s spicy, flavorful and knocks the socks off traditional lunch meats! Also, I suggest using the Flatout wraps because they come in a variety of flavors. In addition, one wrap is about 100 calories, which is about 50 percent less calories than traditional wraps. Just as a side note, I usually ate an orange and some baby carrots at my desk with this spicy badboy.
Even though I don’t have work tomorrow, I am planning on using the time wisely. I have a HUGE public relations writing project and two exams next Wednesday, so it’s time to get crackin’ in this final stretch. Brochures, cláusulas adverbiales and the criminal justice system here I come!
P.S. Don’t forget to pack your lunch for tomorrow. 🙂