This post is short and sweet, just like the recipe you’re about to see. 🙂
Given that my uber-chocolatey overnight oats were a huge hit, I thought you’d like a rundown of a new version I taste-tested Saturday morning. This batch reminded me of strawberry shortcake with a hint of chocolate. All in all, it was chunky, delicious and a perfect way to beat Florida’s 85 degree heat!
If you really want a sinful breakfast, top the oats off with Cool Whip or whipped cream.
Chocolate, Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (My favorite is Silk PureAlmond)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (These are the key to “chunky” oats, so don’t omit!)
- 4 medium-sized frozen strawberries, sliced into small chunks plus 1 large strawberry for topping
- Up to 1/4 cup more milk for the morning
- Mix oats, chia seeds and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add the milk and stir.
- Add the yogurt, honey and sliced strawberries and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight (about 7 to 9 hours).
- Take out of the fridge in the morning and add up to 1/4 cup more almond milk if the oats are too thick and chunky. Stir until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Top with a big frozen strawberry and enjoy!
- Are you a fan of overnight oats, or does cold oatmeal gross you out?
- What is your favorite beat-the-heat summertime treat?