Attention fish lovers – this could be your new favorite salmon dinner. Thanks to a special ingredient, this healthy fish dish packs a huge garlic punch with a hint of lemon, italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
According to my brother, this quick salmon meal tastes like a juicy piece of chicken parmesan without the pasta sauce. He devoured the plate in under seven minutes, so that must mean it was delicious!
Garlic Parmesan Salmon and Vegetables
- 2 individually wrapped frozen salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup crinkle-cut carrots
- 1/4 of small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 package of Papa John’s special Garlic Dipping Sauce…the special ingredient!
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Defrost the salmon fillets in the microwave.
- While the fish is defrosting, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and steam in the pan, covered, for about 5 minutes. Then, add the onions, mushrooms and all the spices. Stir-fry for another 4 minutes. Remove the veggies from the pan and reserve on a plate once thoroughly cooked.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add the two salmon fillets and cook on each side until the salmon is pink throughout and a nice golden crust has formed on both sides.
- Add the veggies, lemon juice and garlic dipping sauce to the pan. Turn the stove to low heat, and let the veggies and fish simmer in the sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the fish.
Now I need to learn how to recreate the Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce. Has anyone found a recipe that comes close to the original? Please email it to me if you find a version that looks promising. 🙂
- Do you enjoy the “freebie” sauces that come with delivery pizza?
- Do you use the “freebie” sauces as ingredients in other meals?