I was never a huge fan of grilled chicken and vegetables . . . until this meal happened.
Grilled Balsamic-Rosemary Chicken and Summer Vegetables
I never eat grilled food while living on campus, so this juicy dinner was quite a treat.
With Memorial Day approaching, I told my dad fire up the grill so I could try a marinade recipe from Cook This, Not That! 350-Calorie Meals. As for the veggies, I just played around with ingredients (a.k.a. it’s a miracle that they turned out so good).
By the way, I know the portions look really small, but I stuffed in seconds. In addition to the chicken and veggies, ALDI‘s mustard potato salad and Green Giant’s Baby Sweet Peas in Butter Sauce are addicting!
Balsamic-Rosemary Chicken (a.k.a. The Utility Player marinade)
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Combine all the above ingredients except the chicken in a bowl.
- Trim the fat off the chicken.
- Place chicken in large glass baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken and turn each piece over a few times until the marinade covers each one. Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- After one hour, heat the grill and cook the chicken, flipping each piece once until golden brown.
Grilled Summer Vegetables
- 1/2 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup yellow or red onion, cut in long slivers
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the sauces and spices are evenly distributed.
- Spread two 18-inch-long sheets of aluminum foil on a counter. make a “boat” by folding the sides up to create a large, narrow “packet.”
- Spread veggies in the packet and cover with a new piece of foil.
- Place the packet on the upper shelf of your grill and cook for 15 minutes. *If you don’t have a high rack, turn the packet once during grilling so the veggies don’t burn.
I’ll include new marinade and grillin’ recipes throughout the summer, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 🙂
- What is your favorite summer grillin’ recipe?