This salad is dressed to impress.
The toppings make it fancy-schmancy, but it’s actually super simple and inexpensive to make.
I can’t be the only person who thinks it’s insane to pay $9 for an “artisanal” salad I can whip up at home for under $2 per serving. Does anyone agree with me?
Anyway, this sweet and savory salad makes the perfect light meal or side dish for a family dinner. You could also throw it in a Tupperware and bring it to work for lunch.
I don’t know about you, but versatile recipes like this one are always winners in my book. 🙂
Balsamic Strawberry Salad
Serves One (As a meal; could be a side dish for 2 people)
Difficulty: None at all!
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup chopped hearts of romaine
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- About 14 Triscuit minis pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup broccoli slaw (optional)
- 2 ounces Boar’s Head EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette dressing (I used this one)
- Wash and cut the lettuce.
- Cut the carrots, onions, strawberries and chicken.
- Add the cut veggies, broccoli slaw, feta cheese and Triscuit minis to a large bowl or plate.
- Toss the ingredients with the dressing.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the salad.
- Feel accomplished as you enjoy your homemade artisanal salad!
- What is the most you’ve ever paid for an “artisanal” salad?
- Does eating fruit in a salad seem weird to you? (My mom thinks I’m crazy when I do.)