Who has a love affair with avocado and adds it to almost anything? This girl does!
But seriously, I’m not even joking. Avocado makes its way into my sandwiches, salads, smoothies . . . the list goes on.
Before I start to ramble, here’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy this nutritional powerhouse, which is a good source of fiber and healthy monounsaturated fats.
If you’re craving beef, veggies, ranch, and creamy avocado, make this . . . NOW. Save yourself from the long line at everyone’s favorite fast-casual Mexican eatery. (You know what I’m talking about :))
Before I forget, here’s a fun fact – avocados are referred to as alligator pears. Weird right?
Difficulty: If you consider chopping veggies and browning beef tough work, then I guess this recipe is difficult.
- 1/4 lb. lean ground beef (I typically buy the 90/10 or 93/7 variety)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Bolthouse Farms Classic Ranch yogurt dressing
- 2 tablespoons pico de gallo salsa
- 1/4 of a medium-sized avocado, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Small handful of: diced green and red peppers, diced red onion, and sliced baby carrots
- Two cups hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- One handful broccoli slaw (optional)
- One dash of each of these spices: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. When heated, add the beef, stirring occasionally and breaking up the beef until all pieces are golden brown (about seven minutes). Add the spices and Worcestershire sauce while the beef is cooking.
- Cut all the veggies and avocado and place on a large plate or in a large bowl . Top with salsa and optional broccoli slaw.
- When the beef is finished cooking, scoop it on the salad. Drizzle ranch dressing on top.
- What’s your favorite way to eat avocado?
- Have you ever added avocado to a dessert recipe?