It’s the middle of the week, so you know what that means . . . another What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) post!
Just in case you missed it, I joined the movement last week with this post. I forgot to mention this season’s theme in the earlier WIAW post:
With that said, I hope you find some meal inspirations and enjoy the “hump” day of the workweek!
Breakfast – 7:20 a.m.
Über-chocolately overnight oats topped with cinnamon and a sliced banana.
Mid-morning snack – 11:00 a.m.
One serving of Mini Triscuits, which you can see below . . .
Lunch – 1:00 p.m.
- Broccoli slaw salad topped with smashed chickpeas and avocado, diced green pepper and zucchini slivers
To make, mash 1/2 cup chickpeas and 1/4 medium-sized avocado with dashes of pepper, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir in the diced bell pepper and zucchini slivers. Put on top of broccoli slaw.
- Homemade salsa-ranch dressing for the salad
- To make, mix two tablespoons Bolthouse Farms’ Classic Ranch Yogurt Dressing with one tablespoon pico de gallo salsa.
- Handful of mango chunks
Post-lunch treat – 2:20 p.m.
One cup of Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company’s Hazelnut Coffee with two Splenda packets and a dash of Coffee-mate’s French Vanilla creamer
Pre-workout snack – 5:30 p.m.
- A few baby carrots dipped in Sabra’s Roasted Red Pepper hummus
- Handful of Emerald’s Cocoa Roast Almonds
- 1/2 cup Popcorn Indiana’s Original Kettlecorn
Dinner – 7:45 p.m
Bowl of homemade roasted vegetable soup with stir-fried chicken (recipe for soup coming soon!)
After-dinner snack – 9:00 p.m.
Handful of frozen dark, sweet cherries (not pictured).
Snack – 11:45 p.m.
Bowl of cinnamon and honey oatmeal with apples and peanut butter (recycled photo, but looked similar).
- Do you enjoy WIAW posts on Hungry Gator Gal?
- What’s your favorite “fall” soup (homemade, store-bought or restaurant)?