You know how some days are so busy at work that you literally have no time to eat?
That day was today for me.
Needless to say, it’s a good thing I had a filling breakfast and a quick snack packed in my lunchbox.
Breakfast – 7:40 a.m.
Bowl of hot peanut butter pumpkin oats topped with blueberries. Made with:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Drop of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Whole Foods chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- Huge dashes of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
I mixed the dry ingredients in a bowl and then added the vanilla and milk. Next, I microwaved the mixture for one minute and stirred in the egg white immediately after removing the bowl from the microwave. I put the bowl back in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then I added the pumpkin and peanut butter and microwaved the mixture for an extra 45 seconds. Finally, I topped the oatmeal off with blueberries.
Snack – Noon
Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds (pictured below) . . .
Lunch – 3:30 p.m.
Smashed avocado, black bean and onion sandwich with cheddar cheese and mustard on Arnold Healthy Multigrain bread; frozen dark sweet cherries; cucumber slices and baby carrots; two tablespoons Sabra Classic hummus
To make the sandwich filling, smash 1/2 small avocado with 1/4 – 1/3 cup black beans; 1/8 cup diced white onion; and dashes of cumin, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder.
Pre-workout Snack – 5:45 p.m.
- 1/4 cup Harris Teeter fat-free vanilla yogurt
- Handful of Mini Triscuits
Dinner – 8:30 p.m.
Egg and egg-white scramble made with:
- Two eggs and one egg white
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup black beans
- Dashes of cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper
- Three tablespoons pico de gallo
Evening Snack – 10:45 p.m.
- Two tablespoons Trader Joe’s almond butter with a small banana
P.S. Sorry I’m a little late today with the post. I had family in town for the long weekend, and I ate out all day Tuesday. I forgot to take pictures, which means this is a true WIAW post featuring Wednesday’s eats.
- Do you ever skip or delay meals at work?
- What is your go-to snack? (Mine is almonds, if you didn’t notice 🙂 )