Sooooo this sandwich happened yesterday during my first lunch at home in Florida . . .
and it tasted fantastic thanks to Boar’s Head’s Blazing Buffalo Style Roasted Chicken Breast.
This chicken is one of my favorite deli meats, and I just so happened to find the perfect toppings to complement the smoky, spicy chicken. Turkey bacon, pepper jack cheese, and Kurtz’s Southwest Chipotle mustard hit the spot.
You should have seen me trying to fit this monster sandwich in my mouth. Onions and peppers started shooting out of the toasted Nature’s Own thin-sliced bagel while hot cheese burned my fingers. The scene wasn’t pretty, but I was having one of those I’m-so-hungry-I-could-eat-a-horse moments. You know – those times when you inhale your food so fast that you don’t even realize your stomach is full.
My appetite was raging yesterday. I seemed to eat anything and everything in sight, which probably explains why I loaded my sandwich with so many ingredients. I didn’t even mention the black-bean salsa, baby carrots and FOUR different types of hummus I snacked on in addition to the melt.
I must say that ALDI is now my go-to place for hummus when I’m home. The quartet is cheap, delicious and keeps my taste buds guessing.
Anyway, I’m sure you want to know how to make this sandwich for yourself, so I won’t keep you waiting!
Blazing Buffalo Chicken Melt
- Green bell pepper slices
- Red onion slices
- Two ounces Boar’s Head Blazing Buffalo Style Roasted Chicken Breast
- One slice pepper jack cheese
- Lettuce (romaine or spinach work best)
- One teaspoon deli mustard (I used Kurtz’s Southwest Chipotle)
- Few dashes of pepper, chili powder and cumin
- Two slices turkey bacon, cooked in a pan over medium heat until crisp
- One Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Thin-Sliced Bagel
- Heat the pan you used to cook the bacon to medium heat.
- Spread the mustard on the bagel and add the spices.
- Assemble the ingredients on the bread in this order: chicken; cheese; peppers and onions; and turkey bacon.
- Carefully place the sandwich in the pan and heat each side until golden brown.
- Remove the bagel sandwich from heat and add the lettuce.
- What is your favorite brand of deli meat?
- What is your favorite recipe that uses deli meat?
Related HGG Posts:
Note: Boar’s Head did not pay me to review its products. I am simply a Boar’s Head meat lover!
Inventive Deli Meat Recipes:
Browse All Recipes – boarshead.com