This morning was a little chilly on Florida’s west coast, which triggered my craving for a warm and comforting breakfast. I was going to make a batch of peanut butter banana custard oats, but digging my fork into a pile of egg-battered bread covered in maple syrup and topped with peanut butter and banana sounded much better.
Not to mention, how could I break my new tradition of making special breakfasts on the weekend? I also couldn’t resist using my late grandmother’s adorable snowman plate.
OK, that’s my excuse, but maybe I needed a little sugar high to get me started for the day at the early hour of noon.😉
Peanut Butter Banana French Toast
Difficulty: Easy Peasy
Total Preparation and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Two slices of thick, slightly stale bread (I used ALDI’s 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread)
- One large egg plus one egg white
- One teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Two tablespoons milk (I used Silk’s Pure Almond unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- Two teaspoons light brown sugar
- One small banana
- One tablespoon peanut butter (I used Trader Joe’s Crunchy, Salted Peanut Butter)
- Maple syrup for topping
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-low heat and spray it with cooking spray.
- While the pan is heating, whisk the egg and egg white in a shallow bowl with the vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar and milk. Stir until the mixture is frothy.
- One slice at a time, dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture. Allow each side to sit in the mixture for about 30 seconds so the bread can soak.
- Place the bread in the heated pan and cook each side for about four minutes or until golden brown.
- Assemble on a plate and top with banana slices, maple syrup and peanut butter.
- What is your favorite way to eat French toast?
- What do you usually make for breakfast on Christmas morning?
Related HGG Posts:
Other Interesting Articles:
- Breakfast at my in-laws (yummy french toast recipe) (stuffcynloves.wordpress.com)
- Breakfast Treats (pixiwishesforeheadkisses.com)
- National French toast day (eatocracy.cnn.com)