What do I cook when I crave pizza but am too lazy to order in?
This . . .
Bubbly, cheesy goodness filled with eggs and veggies and topped with meatballs
Total Preparation and Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- 7 eggs + two splashes of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Two teaspoons Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning
- 1/4 cup red onion and 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- Two large handfuls of spinach
- 1/3 cup tomato or marinara sauce
- Four ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 20 mini chicken meatballs, homemade or store-bought
- Cook meatballs according to package directions and slice in half when finished cooking.
- Lower oven heat to low broil.
- Place oven-safe medium skillet over medium heat on stove top.
- Whisk eggs and milk in medium-sized bowl, then add salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once skillet is hot, sauté broccoli and onion for a few minutes and season with tomato basil garlic seasoning. Throw in spinach and sauté for an additional minute.
- Pour eggs over veggies and stir a few times to incorporate the mixture. Then place lid on to allow to steam for a minute or two.
- Next add spoonfuls of marinara or tomato sauce, and place the cheese on top. Put under broiler (without lid) and cook for 10 minutes. Remove carefully with oven mitt.
- Serve immediately and top with meatballs and additional cheese, red pepper flakes or fresh parsley.
It’s definitely a surefire way to squash a pizza craving with one bite.
Tomorrow’s breakfast may call for a slice (or two) of this pizza.
P.S. WIAW will return next week. Christmas day was so crazy that I completely forgot to take pictures of my eats. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- Have you ever made a frittata? This attempt was my first!
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?